Why are there two panda advisories instead of one ? See http://blog.zoller.lu/2009/05/100th-post-what-about-big-guys.html
Release mode: Coordinated but limited disclosure.Ref : TZO-24-2009 - Panda generic evasion (CAB)
Vendor : http://www.pandasecurity.com
Status : Patched (Through hotfix and automatic update)
CVE : none provided
OSVDB listing: No 
Security notification reaction rating : Good
Notification to patch window : +-32 days
Disclosure Policy : http://blog.zoller.lu/2008/09/notification-and-disclosure-policy.html
Affected products :
- Global Protection 2009 (Hotifx)
- Internet Security 2009 (Hotifx)
- Panda Antivirus Pro 2009 (Hotfix)
- Panda Security for Business with Exchange
- Panda Security for Business
- Panda Security for Enterprise
- Panda GateDefender Integra (patched through automatic updates)
- Panda GateDefender Performa (patched through automatic updates)
- Panda AdminSecure (patched thorugh automatic updates)
- Panda Managed Office Protection
- TrustLayer Mail
Quote: "Panda Security is one of the world's leading creators and developers of technologies, products and services for keeping clients' IT resources free from viruses and other computer threats at the lowest possible Total Cost of Ownership."
The parsing engine can be bypassed by a specially crafted CAB archive.
A general description of the impact and nature of AV Bypasses/evasions can be read at :
The bug results in denying the engine the possibility to inspect code within CAB archives. There is no inspection of the content at all and hence the impossibility to detect malicious code.
IV. Disclosure timeline
- 13/04/2009 : Send proof of concept CAB, description the terms under which I cooperate and the planned disclosure date
- 13/04/2009 : Panda acks receipt and starts investigating
- 15/04/2009 : Panda denies DoS and bypass condition and considers the bug a reporting issue as a MAX Size rule blocks the sample.
- 16/04/2009 : Ask if the Gatedefender product ranges, detects, flags or blocks the POC file.
- 17/04/2009 : Provide a new POC file to Panda that aims at evading the Max Size rule and detection.
- 17/04/2009 : Panda acks receipt and will investigate.
- 20/04/2009 : Inform Panda that I sent the wrong POC on the 17/04/2009 and attached the correct one.
- 28/04/2009 : Ping Panda for updates
- 28/04/2009 : Panda states that they are planning the patch timeline and will inform me asap.
- 21/05/2009 : Panda informs me of the release of hotfixes and affected Products.
- 22/05/2009 : Ask for clarification on affected products
- 22/05/2009 : Release of this advisory.